arts and culture events
Position: Thematic Section Coordinators
Duty Station: Remote
Duration of contract: March 7, 2022 – December 31, 2022
Extended Deadline for applying: March 6, 2022
ERIAC is looking for 5 thematic section coordinators (Arts and Culture; History and Commemoration; Media and Communication; Research and Publication; Romani Language) to be engaged from within its own membership community. The coordinators will work together with the ERIAC management, ERIAC Barvalipe Academy members and ERIAC staff to dynamize the ERIAC membership community from within and ensure smooth communication across ERIAC statutory bodies.
Scope of work/ tasks:
- In cooperation with the ERIAC management and ERIAC Membership Coordinator, provide support in the preparations of the thematic section online and offline meetings, trainings, retreats and the General Assembly;
- Take minutes of thematic sections meetings;
- Ensure engagement of current and future ERIAC members in the corresponding thematic sections;
- Mobilization participation of ERIAC members in thematic section meetings;
- Preparing questionnaires or engagement activities to gather input from the thematic section members;
- Attract new members during the annual call for members;
- Channel expertise and recommendations on thematic section priorities to ERIAC Statutory bodies and the ERIAC management;
- Attend ERIAC Membership meeting series and provide a 2-pg written policy recommendation of membership culture and contribution;
- Facilitate the implementation of ERIAC Membership Charter and ERIAC code of conduct.
All ERIAC members are eligible to apply for the position of section coordinator, disregarding of nationality, place of residence, age, gender, ethnic background or sexual orientation. Member can only apply to be a coordinator of a section they are part of. No member can be coordinator of more than one thematic section. Furthermore, ideal thematic section coordinator should:
- Be a registered member of at least one ERIAC thematic section;
- Have excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- Be highly motivated;
- Be comfortable to work independently as well as in teams; Knowledge of Romani language is an asset; Applicants from Roma/Sinti/Traveller background are highly encouraged + apply.
- Gross amount: 500 EUR/ month paid based on a legally issued invoice
The Thematic Section Coordinator shall unconditionally be able to identify with the founding principles of ERIAC:
- Respect of the dignity of Romani people and Romani identity;
- Diversity and plurality of Romani identities and cultures;
- Romani leadership with the support and co-operation of non-Roma;
- Engagement and contribution of Romani organizations and individuals in the establishment and ongoing activities of the institute
- Political autonomy and non-partisanship, openness for collaboration with public authorities and political instittutions as partners;
- Highest quality standards in the domains of arts and culture, as well in as its own operational performance.
All ERIAC members who are interested in applying for the position of thematic section coordinator, should apply via email. Applications should include:
- Information for which thematic section you are applying to. If you are a member of more than one section, you may apply with separate application to every thematic section you belong to.
- Up-to-date professional CV (max. 4 pages)
- Letter of motivation of maximum 500 words.
Applications should be written in English and sent to email@example.com in one email not larger than 2 MB. Please write “Thematic Section Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
All applications will be evaluated by the ERIAC management and delegated members of the ERIAC Barvalipe Academy.
Open Call for ERIAC thematic section coordinators