ERIAC joins the Council of Europe in hosting the Roma Youth Together 2022 Conference
The seminar Roma Youth Together 2022 will bring together 30 young people who are youth leaders or youth workers in Roma and Travellers communities. It is organised by the Youth Department of the Council of Europe in cooperation with Phiren Amenca International, ERGO Network and the European Roma Institute of Arts and Culture.
The seminar aims to re-connect Roma youth leaders with European youth policy processes and exchanges on strategies and priorities for youth empowerment and participation.
Its specific objectives are:
- to reconnect and share recent experiences and challenges that emerged during the Covid-19 pandemic and their impact on Roma youth;
- to collect the input and feedback on the draft of the Recommendation on Roma youth participation including the thematic priorities in this field;
- to identify strategies for empowerment of Roma youth and Roma communities beyond the work on Roma youth participation;
- to connect young people to plan joint action to celebrate the International Roma Day;
- to engage participants in the preparation of the youth campaign on revitalising democracy, in particular on the theme of meaningful youth participation;
- to reconnect and to strengthen partnerships with European youth organisations and networks working in the field of Roma participation