arts and culture events
Open Call: ROMANI LANGUAGE BOOK ILLUSTRATOR
Do you have experience as an illustrator? Come to our team to create a book together!
You should work alongside with the authors and the photographer to produce the necessary illustrations that will accompany the learning situations from a Romani language book.
The work should start in August 2020 and has to be finished by the end of October 2020.
Work activities involve:
- demonstrate proficiency in basic art skills;
- artistic ability, creativity, and manual dexterity;
- liaising with the authors in order to understand and interpret their needs;
- knowledge of appropriate styles;
- analyzing a brief’s specification and the text to be illustrated;
- thinking imaginatively and creatively to produce ideas requested;
- creating images and designs by using the traditional hand skills of drawing and painting, alongside other techniques, to meet design briefs;
- using computer-aided design (CAD) packages to scan images and change size, colors and other elements;
- working within a set timescale;
- creating original pieces.
The following studies may increase your chances:
- fine art;
- graphic design and illustration;
- visual art.
Applications should be written in English and sent to email@example.com with the title: ILLUSTRATOR POSITION.
Application should include:
- Your actualized CV;
- 3 samples illustrated based on the following situations:
- Ana and Tom meeting, saying hello: happy faces
- Alina and Sara speaking: unhappy faces
- Family picture: father, mother with a baby, grandmother, grandfather, 3 children (different ages), cat and dog.
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Deadline for applications: 7 August, 2020.
This open call is part of the Romani Language Reform and International Romani Language Council project of the Roma Cultural History Initiative financed by the German Federal Foreign Office (FFO).