OPEN CALL FOR ROMANI FILMMAKERS, DIRECTORS AND PRODUCERS!
Throughout 2021, ERIAC is leading the Proud Roma Free Europe transnational campaign to boost Romani pride and identity in a year where many countries are conducting their national censuses. For this purpose, ERIAC is seeking to engage the best creative talents from our communities to inspire our people to stand up and be counted. More information about the campaign: www.proudroma.org
ERIAC is looking for a director/film producer to produce the Proud Roma Free Europe campaign film – a compelling short video that presents the campaign metanarrative, inspires change with a strong call to action, and engages audiences on an emotional level (approx. 5 min). The final product, with subtitles in English and Romani language, will be adapted to the national campaigns and will include additional inserts [30-60 sec] relevant to the country’s history and culture.
Under the direct supervision of the ERIAC management and the Campaign Manager, the film director will be responsible for:
– developing the film script based on detailed guidelines provided by ERIAC;
– planning and executing the different phases of production (if applicable – hiring cast and film crew; scouting locations; principal photography; editing; visual effects; voice-over work & sound design; accessing archival footage, etc.);
– ensuring cost-efficiency throughout production and coordinating activities based on allocated budget;
– ensuring high quality of the final product by responding to comments and suggestions provided by ERIAC;
– delivering final cut by 27 August, 2021.
The film director shall unconditionally be able to identify with the founding principles of ERIAC:
- Respect of the dignity of Romani people and Romani identity;
- Diversity and plurality of Romani identities and cultures;
- Romani leadership with the support and cooperation of non-Roma;
- Engagement and contribution of Romani organizations and individuals in the establishment and ongoing activities of the Institute;
- Political autonomy and non-partisanship, openness for collaboration with public authorities and political institutions as partners;
- Highest quality standards in the domains of arts and culture, as well as in its own operational performance.
10,500 EUR (gross) including director’s fee and production costs
The fee will be paid in multiple instalments. Contractors need to be able to issue invoices to apply.
Duration of the contract: 28 June – 5 September, 2021 (fixed-term consultancy)
How to apply?
All interested candidates, whether legal or natural persons, are encouraged to apply.
Applications should include:
- A motivation letter including a short concept proposal (no more than 500 words)
- Portfolio or link to previous works / showreel
Applications should be written in English and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in one email not larger than 2 MB. Please write “Campaign film” in the subject line of the email.
The deadline for applications is 21 June, 2021.