Page id: 82
TERMS OF REFERENCE – Project Coordinator (Consultancy contract)
Job title: Project Coordinator (full time, fixed term, consultant)
Project Duty Station: Berlin, ERIAC Office
Duration of appointment: August 15, 2019 – January 15, 2020.
Objectives of the assignment:
Under the direct supervision of the ERIAC executive management, the Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating administrative and logistical arrangements of local events in 4 international locations, ensuring timely, smooth and high-quality implementation. The Project Coordinator is responsible for the grant-reporting (narrative) and strict supervision of project budget lines as well as financial policies of ERIAC.
Scope of work:
- In cooperation with ERIAC, and partner organizations, develop the detailed strategy of the event with time frame, build and implement the concept and approaches;
- Coordinate the work of local partners;
- Ensure the quality of outputs and results with optimal monitoring mechanisms; establish effective coordination within the team, information sharing and reporting systems;
- In charge of international PR and media of the 6 events;
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Leads procurement, and contract management with vendors and other service providers;
- Assist with logistical preparation of the event;
- Prepares and collects all documentation for grant reporting (invoices, contracts, narrative reports, photo and video documentation, etc).
Qualifications and Competencies:
- At least bachelor degree in event management, PR, marketing, business administration, public administration, art history or related field
- Proficiency in English, knowledge of either Romani, Serbian, Swedish or German is an asset
- Applicants from Roma/Sinti/Traveller background are highly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a situation relevant to project management/event management/ planning of cultural events;
- Proven experience in managing project budgets;
- Highly motivated and experienced in coordinating and planning events for international and national level, preferably high-level events;
- Experience in (co-) running at least 1 project’s media campaigns from the beginning to the end is an asset;
- Experience in managing complex logistics and event planning;
- Experience with multi-tasking and working independently on complex administrative tasks;
- Must be comfortable with working with multiple partners and coordinating online;
- Must be comfortable with short deadlines and regular reporting on progress;
- Good understanding of and connection with the local cultural sphere (local administration, major’s office, museums, galleries, Roma artists) is a strong asset;
Good eye for quality in arts and culture is preferred.
The Project Coordinator shall unconditionally be able to identify with the founding principles of ERIAC:
- Respect of the dignity of Romani people and Romani identity;
- Diversity and plurality of Romani identities and cultures;
- Romani leadership with the support and co-operation of non-Roma;
- Engagement and contribution of Romani organizations and individuals in the establishment and ongoing activities of the Institute;
- Political autonomy and non-partisanship, openness for collaboration with public authorities and political institutions as partners;
- Highest quality standards in the domains of arts and culture, as well in as its own operational performance.
- Gross amount: 2000 EUR/per month, based on invoice. The consultant must be able to issue invoice as a self-employed freelancer/firm/NGO.
Applications should include:
- Up-to-date professional CV (max. 4 pages).
- Letter of motivation of maximum 500 words.
Applications should be written in English and sent to email@example.com in one email not larger than 2 MB. Please write “Project coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
The deadline for applications is July 31st, 2019.