In its programme, “Latscho Diwes,” Stiftung EVZ (“Foundation for Remembrance, Responsibility, Future”) funds civil society organisations from Central, South, and Eastern Europe that are locally supporting survivors of the Roma genocide. On 20 November 2018, 25 representatives of such organisations from Belarus, Ukraine, and Moldova were invited by Stiftung EVZ for a seminar in Berlin and visited ERIAC.
The goal of the ´Latscho Diwes´programme is:
– to work towards the recognition of the survivors of Porajmos;
– to improve the daily situation of Roma by giving them access to medical and social facilities;
– to improve the Romani participation in society by fostering an intergenerational dialogue;
– to improve the material situation of Roma survivors and their kin by supporting measures,
– to support the Roma self-organisation and the voluntary engagement of Roma youth for Holocaust victims and increase visibility;
– to contribute to the societal recognition of Roma and to their inclusion into the respective majority societies.
The visitors were given a curatorial visit of ERIAC´s exhibition “Gypsyism Balkanism” by Sead Kazanxhiu and Selma Selman before entering a discussion with ERIAC Executive director Timea Junghaus on the situation of Roma in the participant´s countries and the perspectives of Arts and Culture work for the Romani communities.
ERIAC’s office is open to the public from Tuesday to Friday from 10:00h to 17:00h.
We look forward to welcoming you.