ERIAC’s vision is grounded in six founding principles, which will define the Institute’s establishment, core functions, governance, structure and membership:
- Respect of the dignity of Romani people and Romani identity
- Diversity and plurality of Romani identities and cultures
- Romani leadership with the support and co-operation of non-Roma
- Engagement and contribution of Romani organizations and individuals in the establishment and ongoing activities of the Institute
- Political autonomy and non-partisanship, openness for collaboration with public authorities and political institutions as partners
- Highest quality standards in the domains of arts and culture, as well in as its own operational performance.